Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Woodchuck Cider Review

       I was at Beef O Brady's this past weekend with a friend of mine.  I was drinking miller lite and he was having bud light both from the tap.  We were watching the NFL draft and just talking sports.  There was an older guy sitting beside us at the bar we all started talking and we talked about a very important topic.  No not politics, religion, economy, or ex-wives, we talked about beer.  He was drinking woodchuck cider from the tap.  I was intrigued because i had never tried it.  Believe me i had my reservations.  He kindly asked the bar tender to give me and my friend a sample.  The bar tender was very gracious with an ample sample.  My buddy had a few sips and said it wasn't horrible but put his glass down without finishing.  Of course the beer whisperer fully engaged drinking up every drop.  The result is this.  It is a taste of sweet nature, that's not something i won't to include with my beer.  Would it pair well with certain food dishes, sure.  But I don't consider it a beer drinker's beer.  Check it out for yourself and let me know what you think.  We all have different taste buds.  Special thanks to the guy that got me a sample of this beer.  Keep on drinking.

Drunkenly Yours,
Beer Whisperer

2 comments:

  1. First off, the choice of Beef O'Brady's makes me question your taste. ;)
    I am a hard cider fan. Woodchuck is probably the sweetest of the bunch, and it includes varieties that taste like different apples and even a seasonal choice that resembles caramel apples.
    Magners is imported from Ireland. It is more traditional and my favorite as a draught, OK from the bottle. It is less sweet than Woodchuck so I like it more.
    Then there's Crispin, by far the crispest. It is like biting into a slightly alcoholic apple. It is very dry, so much so that it is often served on the rocks.
    I recommend the latter two.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete